Last updated on July 12, 2022
Here are some of the most common mistakes that result in an e-Visa rejection from any country, specifically for Indian eVisa.
Read it carefully so that you can fill out your Indian e-Visa application properly and can avoid visa rejection.
- Your criminal record, no matter how minor, should be omitted from your application for an Indian visa. The Indian Immigration Authority would reject your India Visa Online application if you try to hide this truth from them.
- This is a typical blunder that may be easily avoided, but sadly it is a primary factor in a large percentage of e-Visa rejections in India. If you have more than one name, you must list them all. No initials or short middle names are permitted. As an illustration, use the names Tony R Baker or Tony Baker rather than Tony Ross Baker, as specified in the passport.
- Indian eVisa applications are frequently rejected because of multiple or redundant applications. What this signifies is that your previous e-Visa application is still live. Example: You may have applied for a one-year business visa for India, which allows you to enter the country as many times as you like. The email or printout of your 1 Year or 5 Years tourist visa for India may no longer be accessible. When this happens, your second attempt to apply for an Indian e-Visa will most likely be denied because you are only permitted to apply for one India Visa Online at a given time.
- If you have Pakistani ancestry (parents, grandparents, spouse, etc.) or if you were born in Pakistan, you are considered to be of Pakistani descent. A standard or traditional application for an Indian visa should be made by visiting the nearest Indian Embassy or High Commission, rather than an e-Visa application. You should go to the Indian Embassy and begin the process of applying for a regular paper visa.
- Incorrect e-Visa Type: When you apply for the wrong type of Indian e-Visa for your primary purpose of travel to India. Tourist visas can’t be issued if the primary purpose of your trip to India is for business or commercial purposes. The type of visa you are applying for must match your stated purpose. An Indian visa for cruise ship visitors can’t be issued to those who want medical treatment in India.
- At the time of admission, your Passport is only valid for six months.
- Refugee, diplomatic, and official passports are not acceptable for Indian e-Visa. Even if you are eligible for an Indian e-Visa, you cannot apply for an Indian visa online. Ordinary passport holders must apply for an eVisa for India if they intend to visit there. Traditional or ordinary visas must be obtained through Indian Immigration at the nearest Indian Consulate or Embassy for all other types of passports.
- Having insufficient cash: The Indian Immigration Authority can ask you to show that you have sufficient funds to maintain your stay in India.. An Indian e-Visa application could be rejected if this information is not provided.
- When asked to supply a photograph of your face, you must make sure that it is not obscured in any way or blurred. Avoid reusing your passport’s photo.
- Scan of the personal page of the passport, which contains the individual’s name, date of birth and passport number along with the date the passport was issued must be free of any obscuring marks. Also, make sure that the MRZ (Magnetic Readable Zone) lines at the bottom of your passport scan copy or photo shot from your phone are not hacked off.
- Your application may be refused if the information you provide on the Indian eVisa Application does not match the information in your passport. This includes, but is not limited to, providing your name incorrectly. Because of this, you should take extra care while filling out key details like your passport number or the place you were born.
- The Indian e-Visa application requires a reference or contact from your nation of passport or home country, which is incorrect in this case. In the event of an emergency, this is necessary. Even if you’ve spent the last few years in Dubai or Singapore, you still need a letter of recommendation from Australia if you’re planning to visit India in the near future. One of your family members or acquaintances can serve as a reference.
- You’ve applied for a new visa to India, but your old passport has been lost. An Indian e-Visa application will need you to submit a police report if your old passport was stolen or misplaced.
- A medical visit to India necessitates the application for a Medical Attendant visa, yet this is the wrong visa. Two family members or friends may accompany the patient on a Medical Attendant Visa to India if the patient has applied for a Medical Visa.
- For an e-Medical Visa, there is a missing letter from the Hospital Hospital letterhead is necessary for the treatment/procedure/surgery of the patient applying for an e-Medical Visa .’s
- Absence of e-Business Visa requirements: An online business visa for India requires information on both the foreign company of the applicant and the Indian company that is being visited (including the address of their respective websites).
- E-Visa application for business requires either a business card or an electronic signature that includes the company name, designation, email address, and phone number. The photocopy of a Visa or MasterCard debit card is incorrectly provided by certain applicants.
Rashid Nawaz is a professional blogger and a News report. He works for SMH News Agency in Jhang and he is a news reporter on Dunya Urdu as well.