Dental Veneers Its Description Procedure Pros And Cons
Veneer is the layer of a material that is placed over a tooth for protecting the tooth from damages, and it gives an excellent look to your smile. If your teeth are having some problems with them or making teeth look bad, you can fix your problem by visiting dentists or a dental hospital. Vero beach dentist is an excellent place to visit for your dental problems.
What Problem Does The Service Or Procedure Solve?
If a person is having a tooth which is discolored or chipped from anywhere, it looks terrible. Veneer solves this problem, and it makes the tooth look good. It can also be applied to the teeth that turned yellow to make them look white. Multiple veneers can close the spaces between the teeth. It can also lengthen teeth that are short in size in comparison to other teeth. Surfaces can fill the black triangles between teeth that are caused by gum recession; it can provide excellent color, good shape and make the teeth look straight.
Veneers are the layers that will protect your teeth and will give you a great smile. By applying this, you will not get embarrassed in front of the others if you do not have good teeth. Veneers will make your teeth look perfect if they are chipped, white if they are yellow, straight if they are not and long if they are short.
The veneers are divided into categories.
1. As Per The Classification Of 2012
- Labial surface coverage
- No incisal coverage
- Feathered incisal edge
- Incisal overlap
2. INTERPROXIMAL PREPARATION
- No contact point involvement
- Contact point level
- Passed contact point
3. METHODS OF PRODUCTION
- Indirect veneers
- Direct veneers
- Lithium disilicate
- Da Vinci
- Nano Ceramic
Steps Involved In Veneers Treatment
- At first, the dentist removes a little bit of enamel from the respective tooth’s front and sides on which we are applying veneer. It makes a place for the veneer so that it can look natural and not artificial.
- The dentist produces a mold of the prepared tooth and then decides what color of veneer shade will suit you so that the particular tooth will not look different from the others.
- The dentist will give you a temporary veneer till the time your perfect veneer is made in the dental lab.
- The dentist will send that mold to the dental lab so the veneer is made as per your tooth so that it will fit you perfectly.
- The dentist will let you know when the veneer is ready.
- On the next visit, the dentist will check if the veneer fits you or not.
- The dentist will clean your tooth.
- At last, the veneer will be bonded to your tooth.
Advantages Of The Service
- Less tooth enamel is removed from the teeth than from crowns
- Gives a person a pleasant smile and nice looking teeth
- Hides the stains of tea, coffee, tobacco from our teeth
- Protects it from the other damages which occur in teeth
Disadvantages Of The Service
- It is quite costly as every dental treatment is costly.
- If the Veneer gets chipped, then it cannot be repaired.
- Veneers cannot be removed after applying.
- Need to take extra care while eating, drinking and sleeping.
- Your teeth can be turned sensitive.
- Tooth decay can still occur.
- It might take several days to get used to the feel of your veneers, but if you do not feel right while eating or drinking, you must contact your dentist to fix it.
- You have to keep your teeth clean by brushing and flossing every day. You can use the products available in the market to clean your teeth.
- If you do not keep your teeth clean, a cavity can still take place under or over veneers.
- Avoid biting your fingernails, ice, etc., or any hard object because veneers can get chipped or broken.
If you are having a teeth problem and you think you should apply veneer then go ahead. Dr. Alex Planes, a Vero Beach Dentist, says that if you are facing a dental problem, visit a specialist as soon as possible because delaying will make the issue more critical.