Who can Apply for a Canada eTA
People from the visa waiver countries are exempt from a visa and must apply for an Canada eTA instead to travel to Canada.
Those who are citizens of Canada or the United States can enter Canada by just showing their Canadian or American Passports. A Canadian eTA is not required for US lawful permanent residents who hold a U.S. Green Card.
A valid passport from your home country and documentation proving your residency in the United States, such as a green card, should always be carried with you when travelling (officially known as a permanent resident card)
Anyone who plans to fly into Canada via commercial or chartered airline must register for an eTA before they leave the country.
Types of Canada eTA
In other words, you can apply for a Canada eTA for any of the following four reasons for visiting the country:
- Transit: When you have to make a short stopover at a Canadian airport or city before your next flight to your final destination, this is known as transit or layover.
- Tourism: Sightseeing, paying a visit to loved ones, going on a school trip, or taking a short course that doesn’t provide any credits are all examples of tourism in Canada.
- Business: Meetings for business, professional, scientific, or educational objectives, or to settle an estate’s affairs, such as a conference or convention.
- Medical: For receiving medical care in a Canadian hospital
Documents/Information for Canada eTA
In order to complete the online Canada eTA Application Form, candidates will need to provide the following data, because these are Canada visa eTA requirements:
- Identifying information such as a person’s name, birthplace, date of birth, and
- Passport number with the issue and expiry date
- Contact details, such as a phone number and an email address.
- Job information
Getting an eTA for Canada
The eTA for Canada must be applied for online by eligible foreign nationals who desire to travel to Canada. The entire procedure, from submitting an application to receiving notification of a decision, is carried out online.
Filling out the Canada eTA application form will require the applicant to provide important information, such as their contact information and previous travel history as well as their passport information.
This form must be filled out by everyone entering Canada, regardless of their age. Once the application has been completed, the applicant must pay the eTA application fee with a credit or debit card before it can be submitted.
It’s common for a decision to be made within 24 hours, although certain cases may take a few days or weeks. Once your trip arrangements are set, you should apply for an electronic travel authorization (eTA) for Canada no later than 72 hours before you expect to arrive in the country.
A decision on your Canada visa eTA application will be made and if it is not accepted, you can apply for a Canada visa.
Validity of Canada eTA
It is possible that the eTA’s validity will be reduced if the electronic passport that it is attached to expires earlier than the five-year timeframe. You can stay in Canada for up to six months at a time with the eTA, but you can return to the nation as many times as you like during the time that it is valid.
Border officials will determine the maximum amount of time you can spend at each location, and this information will be recorded in the Passport you bring with you.
Rashid Nawaz is a professional blogger and a News report. He works for SMH News Agency in Jhang and he is a news reporter on Dunya Urdu as well.