Last updated on February 2, 2023
Paragliding is a popular adventure sport that involves gliding through the air using a specially designed paraglider wing.
Queenstown, located in the South Island of New Zealand, is known for its stunning scenery and adventure sports, making it a prime destination for paragliding.
In Queenstown, there are several options for paragliding, including tandem paragliding, where you can fly with a professional pilot, or solo paragliding, where you can take lessons and fly on your own with the proper certification.
Tandem paragliding is a great option for those who are new to the sport and want to experience the thrill of gliding through the air without the commitment of learning to fly solo.
In Queenstown, you can also enjoy parasailing if you are afraid of paragliding. Though parasailing is a similar activity to paragliding, it is safer and more secure. Here you can check the difference between paragliding and parasailing.
Paragliding Launch Sites in Queenstown
One of the most popular launch sites for paragliding in Queenstown is the Skyline Gondola, which provides breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
From the gondola, you can take a tandem paragliding flight that lasts around 15-20 minutes and provides stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Another popular launch site is Coronet Peak, which is located a short drive from Queenstown. Coronet Peak is known for its reliable thermals, which provide ideal conditions for paragliding.
From the peak, you can take a tandem flight that lasts up to 30 minutes, giving you ample time to take in the breathtaking scenery. Apply for a New Zealand visa online in order to get a chance for the best experience of Queenstown paragliding.
When paragliding in Queenstown, safety is of utmost importance. All paragliding operators in Queenstown are required to adhere to strict safety standards, and all pilots must be fully certified.
Additionally, all paragliders are equipped with the necessary safety equipment, including a helmet, harness, and reserve parachute.
For those interested in solo paragliding, there are several schools in Queenstown that offer training courses and certification. These courses typically involve a combination of classroom and in-air instruction and will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to fly solo.
Best Paragliding Schools in Queenstown
There are several reputable paragliding schools in Queenstown, New Zealand that offer training and certification for solo paragliding. Some of the best include:
- New Zealand Paragliding – This school offers comprehensive paragliding courses for both beginners and experienced pilots, and is known for its experienced instructors and modern equipment.
- Queenstown Paragliding School – This school offers both tandem paragliding flights and solo paragliding courses and is well-regarded for its safe and professional operation.
- Skytrek Paragliding – This school offers a range of paragliding courses, including beginner courses, advanced courses, and cross-country courses. They also offer tandem paragliding flights for those who just want to experience the thrill of gliding through the air.
- Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding – This company offers tandem paragliding flights from Coronet Peak, and is known for its experienced pilots and stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Queenstown Paragliding Academy – This school offers both tandem paragliding flights and solo paragliding courses and is known for its personalized instruction and commitment to safety.
All of these schools have a strong focus on safety and are fully certified and insured. Fill out this New Zealand ETA application form to get your tourist visa for New Zealand.
When choosing a paragliding school in Queenstown, be sure to research the different options and choose a reputable and experienced operator to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
In conclusion, paragliding in Queenstown is a unique and exhilarating experience that provides breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-timer, there are plenty of options available to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Rashid Nawaz is a professional blogger and a News report. He works for SMH News Agency in Jhang and he is a news reporter on Dunya Urdu as well.
Be First to Comment